Health Tip: If Your Child Has a Dental Emergency
The following tips below may help you if your child has a dental emergency. Always be aware of your dentist’s emergency procedures in order to take care of your child as soon as possible. Thanks for visiting us at Saddle Rock Pediatric Dentistry of Aurora, CO.
Few things are more frightening for young children and their parents than a true dental emergency.
The American Dental Association suggests how to handle common examples:
- If your child’s tooth is knocked out, place it back in the mouth without touching the root. Otherwise, keep it moist by placing it between your child’s cheek and gum or in some milk. Call the dentist without delay.
- If your child’s tooth is cracked, rinse the mouth using warm water, and apply a cold compress to the face to minimize swelling.
- For a bitten lip or tongue, carefully clean the wound.
- If your child complains of a toothache, rinse the mouth with warm water and carefully floss to remove any lodged food. Never give a child aspirin.
- If your child has an object lodged in the mouth, gently floss to remove it. However, do not use any sharp instrument.
Original content HERE.